When it comes to classic car insurance, most insurance claims adjusters have little experience when it comes to accessing damage to classic cars. Even the most seasoned claims adjusters have problems with accessing true costs of repair. They're not experienced in handling claims on vehicles that maintain or appreciate in value. Nor are they experienced with knowing the difficulty in finding the right replacement parts to adequately replace a covered loss.
That's why you should not insure your classic car with regular auto insurance. Yes, there are a few major auto insurance companies who insure classic / vintage autos. But you do not get the extra care that you would with insurance companies who specialize in classic cars. For examples, here are ten features found on a stand-alone classic car insurance policy that you usually won't find on a regular auto insurance policy :
1. Many regular auto insurance companies only pay claims on an actual cash value basis. For a classic car, it's important to be insured on an agreed value basis.
2. If you have a repair claim, you have much more flexibility in your choice of body shops.
3. Additional coverage available for tools,parts and accessories.
4. Excellent roadside assistance coverage that goes beyond what roadside assistance on a regular auto policy does.
5.Coverage on automobilia and equipment brought to car shows.
6. If you own multiple classic cars, you only pay one liability premium instead of paying per car as with regular auto insurance.
7. No restrictions on mileage as long as the vehicle isn't the primary driving vehicle (many companies place strict limitations on mileage for classic cars).
8. Zero deductible option available.
9. Appreciation of coverage (some vehicles will qualify for appreciation, which means the agreed value will rise instead of drop like it does with regular vehicles).
10. Enhanced towing and labor coverage.
Bottom line is, if you own a very special vehicle, you need to take care of it properly. Get quotes only from those companies who specialize in classic vehicles. There are plenty of companies that specialize in classic car insurance. If you live within the states of Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Virginia or West Virginia and would like to get a quote with just companies that specialize in classic car insurance, simply click on the link below and fill out the easy classic car insurance quote form.
Get a Classic Car Insurance quote with Lyles Insurance
Related Blog Articles:
Classic Car Insurance in Ohio: Key points to look for in finding the best coverage
Dan Lyles is an Independent Insurance Agent serving Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia..