The Ohio Fair Plan was created for people who are having trouble finding insurance coverage on property or contents. If you have been denied coverage by at least two insurance companies, then you qualify for the Ohio Fair Plan.
The Ohio Fair Plan coverage falls into five categories:
- Homeowners coverage is available for 1 & 2 family dwellings that are owner-occupied.
- Dwelling Fire coverage is available for 1-4 family dwellings, whether tenant-occupied or owner-occupied.
- Farm Fire coverage is available for dwellings, tools, machinery, harvested crops, contents, farm buildings, livestock, etc. located on an active farm. A risk is considered a farm if over 50% of the crops, livestock, etc. is produced for sale to others.
- Commercial Fire coverage is available for commercial (non-manufacturing) establishments and/or apartment buildings which have 5 or more units.
-Crime Coverage, for residential or commercial property, is available for property contents.
To be eligible for the Ohio Fair Plan, the property must meet the following:
· Be denied coverage from at least 2 insurance companies for underwriting reasons.
· Property must be free of any outstanding taxes, liens or other court judgments.
. Property can not be in violation of any building codes, safety codes, health codes, etc.
· Property must pass an inspection to determine if property is an acceptable risk.
· Digital photos of the property must be submitted along with your application.
· Property value to be insured must not exceed $1.5 Million.
Get a quote now by clicking one of the links below.
Farm Fire quote
Crime coverage quote